Advanced Transportation Service Worker
Do you like to travel? Interested in learning about all the different types of transportation that exist?
Then you may be a good fit for Job Corps’ TCU IAM Advanced Training – Transportation Service Worker training program.
In this program you will ...
Complete the core curriculum and choose a minimum of one Specialty Module:
- Employability Skills
- Customer Service
- Keyboarding Basics
- Mathematics (Personal Finance)
- Green Initiatives in Transportation
- Certifications in at least one Specialty Module:
- Airline Service
- Inland Waterway Service
- Mass Transit/Highway Service
- Rail Freight Service
- Rail Mechanical Service/Carman
- Rail Passenger Service
Some of the career options you will have ...
Graduates of this Advanced Training area go on to work for railroads, mass transit and airline companies as:
- Airline and Railroad Ticket Agents
- Airline Ramp Workers
- Barge Deck Hands
- Mass Transit Bus Drivers
- Passenger and Freight Railroad Conductors
- Passenger Rail Baggage Handlers
- Rail Car Repairers
- Railroad Brake, Signal and Switch Operators
- Railroad Coach Cleaners
- Railroad Crew Dispatchers
- Railroad Line Installers and Repairers
- Railroad Machinists
- Railroad On Board Service Attendants/Chefs
- Railroad Track Workers
- And many more.
The credentials you will earn ...
This is the first level of Advanced Training offered in the Transportation Service Worker series. Students who complete a Job Corps Advanced Transportation training program are eligible to attain the following credentials:
- OSHA 10-Hour certification
- Office Skills, Clerical Skills and Software Skills (OPAC) certification
- Driver’s license
What you’ll need to start training ...
- High school diploma or the equivalent (can be earned at all Job Corps centers)
- Complete a Job Corps basic training program
- Passing scores on all written and performance tests
- Meet academic (math and reading) requirements
- At least 17½ years old
- Positive attendance and progress record
- Written recommendation from Job Corps center personnel
- Health clearance at current center
- Strong work ethic and determination to succeed
- Complete a successful phone, in-person or videoconference interview