Advanced Human Services Worker/Residential Advisor
Are you interested in working with others and helping students? Do you thrive under structure and protocols?
Then you may be a good fit for Job Corps’ Advanced Human Services Worker/Residential Advisor training program.
On the job, you will ...
- Determine the type of care clients need and assist them with obtaining benefits and services
- Research services available to clients, such as food stamps and Medicaid
- Work directly with clients to ensure services are provided appropriately
- Assist with completing paperwork and coordination of services
- Work with a variety of clients, including children and families, seniors, people with disabilities, people with addictions, veterans, people with mental illnesses, formerly incarcerated people, or people experiencing homelessness
Some of the career options you will have ...
Most Advanced Human Services Worker/Residential Advisor graduates go to work as residential advisors on Job Corps centers and other related industries. They aid students in their transition onto center and assist them by answering non-training-related questions.
The credentials you will earn ...
As a Job Corps student, you will have the opportunity to earn credentials in your training area that may lead to greater employment opportunities, higher wages and promotions. Students should also earn a state-issued learner’s permit and driver’s license upon completion of the program.
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Customer Service Training as part of the Regional Minimum Standards
What you’ll need to start training ...
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (can be earned at all Job Corps centers)
- Completion of all introductory and career preparation courses
- Completion of any Job Corps basic training program
- Passing scores on all written and performance tests
- Meet academic (math and reading) requirements
- At least 17 years old
- Positive attendance and progress record
- Written recommendation from Job Corps center personnel
- Health clearance at current center
- Strong work ethic and determination to succeed